Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rock dog

A while back I went to visit some friends of mine. It was fun. I got to see my friend Braydon again and met his sister Brianna. My ear was hurting and I was a bit out of sorts, though. Maybe it was all the base bumping from the Rousseau's subwoofers that night. I don't know. Anyway, here's me trying to teach Brianna some dance moves...

Anyway, ever since, I've been suffering from a bit of a writers block. I think it was the ears. They've been bothering me for a month. So, sorry for the lack of updates...

So you know my dog? I like him. He's pretty cool. Until recently he hasn't been much of a fan of me, though. He used to constantly give me the cold shoulder. That's been changing the past couple days, though. I think it's the bonding we recently went through together. We both got our first haircuts. We all know I needed mine, but Rock is a different story. See, Dad takes him out in the woods and fields and marshes a lot, especially in the fall. What usually ends up happening is he comes back smelling like Aunt Monica's fish tank did when she left Fred the Wonderfish in it for a year with no food or cleanliness while she was off galavanting around Thailand. (Okay, that or Grandma Rohrs' green drink) All this to say... he stinks and is covered in burrs (not Buhrs. Those are relatives) and gets the beginnings of a rastafarian dreadlock do going. So, without further explanation, here's my first haircut...












And here's Rock's...












Dad said we couldn't afford a groomer because college costs are on the rise.

Needless to say, we're pals now. Traumatic experiences have a tendency to lead to lifelong friendships.

2 Comments:

Blogger brianandcourt said...

So, I don't know which is funnier to me... Isaiah's face pre-haircut - or Rock's face post haircut! Anyways... still no baby here but we're making progress. (and i'm getting impatient.) Hope all is going as swimmingly with Isaiah's parents, as it seems to be with I.M. & Rock-dog.
-- Court

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaiah,

That's quite a move you showed Brianna, is it "making a pizza"? I couldn't quite make it out from the picture but it looks like that new move Grandpa R was showing you the other day. Ask him to teach you "start the fire", I think it'll really impress her.

Love,

Grandma R

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home