Thursday, June 01, 2006

Memoriable Day



I know what you're thinking... it's not really a good idea to wear a scarf around a propeller. And I suppose that you would be right, but I'm just not a turtleneck guy. Maybe I should try a balaclava.

Anywho... last week I decided to take Bailey on a little ride to see some of history. Being Memorial Day and all. We flew to Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor. Okay, the Pearl Harbor thing was more of a front. I really just wanted to take her to the beach to play in the surf and build sandcastles.

Afterwards, per Grandpa Gensic's suggestion, we stopped by DeBrand Fine Chocolates and I let her take her pick. I tend to prefer the hot caramel and raspberry chocolates, but you know women. She went straight for the truffles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry Dougherty said...

Hey, whatever happened to delayed gratification. My mother - that would be your great grandma - always said, "if you do everything now, you won't have anything to look forward to when you get older." Actually, I always found that to be the strangest thing to say to a kid. But I stil think you might want to crawl a bit more before you try to fly.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

This is the life.....

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home