Monday, May 15, 2006

Busy

These first few weeks have been far busier than I imagined. As much as you hear in utero that things will be different after you make that trip down the birth canal, the adjustment is tough. For instance, it has taken me several weeks to perfect the art of peeing on myself while my dad is trying to change my diaper. You should hear the hysterical tone in his voice when he yells "Help!!!" in mom's general direction. I don't recall when help became a three syllable word, but he somehow makes it work.

I've also been practicing yodeling. I'm getting quite good at it and am looking forward to an international tour in which I'll be visiting Sweden, Switzerland, Germany and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, formerly known as Zaire. Here's a shot of me with my alpenhorn.



I also have a date this week and was wondering... where should I take her? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the lucky lady? Where you take her depends a lot on her personality & interests. But, if you're just unsure, I recommend taking her to one of the local McD's with a Playland. You can make eyes at her & tell her how lovely she looks when she's sliding down the circle slide with you on her lap. I haven't personally tried this yet, but then I'm not nearly as cute, er, handsome as you... so I think it'll go over pretty well.

I guess I'm assuming you go for older women. If this is a bit more along the lines of a lady close to your own age, I'd still advise the McD's route. But maybe just make eyes at her over the teeter-totter. Take it slow, man. You've got some time.

OK, this is a bit random, but I'm curious: what you think of your dog? And - does he yodel along with you as your backup?

12:27 PM  
Blogger i am rohrs said...

Rock's not much for yodeling. And the alpenhorn requires more lung capacity than he's used to with his didjeridu, so, no... basically he stinks.

I like him alright, though. Except for the odor he comes in with periodically. I don't know that I've identified what the mysterious substance is in the yard he rolls in, but it's just wrong whatever it is. I have had Dad on landmine patrol, though.

Trouble is, I'm not so sure he even knows I exist. He has had something against me from the moment he saw me. I think it's my good looks and debonaire. Guys hate that about me. He'll be my friend, like it or not, I will win him over.

Thanks for the date ideas, but don't they seem a bit... juvenile?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Joshua Longbrake said...

unreal. absolutely unreal.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home